Yes, it has been a long time between posts. Odds are, it may get longer. I leave tomorrow for BookExpo, and am frantically trying to get everything done that needs to be done when you are staring down 2 weeks out of the office, plus 2 employee’s maternity leaves that are fast approaching.
For those who wonder about these kind of things, here are the authors that will be at our booth at BEA. We’re doing BlogTalkRadio interviews during the show, and I will post links for those who want to listen to the interviews live…
- Hugh Hefner, with his three Playmate “Girls Next Door”, Holly, Bridget and Kendra
- Steven Watts, author of “Mr Playboy: Hugh Hefner and the American Dream”
- Recording artist and former Eagle, Don Felder (Heaven & Hell: My Life in the Eagles (1974-2001))
- Editor-in-Chief of Bon Appetit Magazine, Barbara Fairchild (Bon Appétit: Fast Easy Fresh Cookbook);
- Career Specialist Joyce Lain-Kennedy (Job Interviews for Dummies)
- Erin Manning (Portrait and Candid Photography: Photo Workshop)
- Award winning filmmaker Brian Michael Stoller (Filmmaking For Dummies)
- eBay queen Marsha Collier (Starting an eBay Business For Dummies)
- former US Attorney David Iglesias (In Justice: Inside the Scandal That Rocked the Bush Administration)
- author Peter Economy (Writing Children’s Books For Dummies)
- Marty Brounstein (Communicating Effectively for Dummies)
- Etiquette expert, Sue Fox (Business Etiquette for Dummies)
Audio for the shows can be found at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Wiley
Combine that with Dr. Ruth’s 90th birthday party, many meetings with publishing partners and authors, and trying to find time to see “Sex and the City: The Movie”, well, you’ve got quite a week going. Not to mention I leave LA on Sunday morning to head to Orlando to work at our booth at Microsoft TechEd. Then, I return, and make a trip to Indianapolis for a Dummies meeting. Sleep? That’s for wimps, and the airplane.
If you are in LA for BookExpo, please stop by the Wiley booth at the show (947/1047) and say “hi”. I’ll be the frazzled chick in the Digital Lifestyle t-shirt.